Press Officer (ID:10066)
As Press Officer you will play a key part in the delivery of the full spectrum of media activity, across all platforms for the business. This roles for you if you’re an experienced PR professional, with a strong political interest and news sense.
You will be responsible for:
• Supporting the team in protecting and enhancing the reputation of the business through strong media coverage
• Proactively writing press releases, articles, statements, tweets and for publication in the media, on the website and across social media/digital platforms
• Managing day to day media enquiries, including arranging TV, radio and print interviews, and confidently briefing journalists
• Organising a wide range of media interviews, press conferences, photo calls and media roundtables, preparing relevant briefing materials and ensuring spokespeople are fully briefed
• Monitoring the news cycle in their areas of responsibility and advising relevant C teams on media strategies, which are then delivered by the successful candidate
• Attending and providing hands on media support for events during the year
• Fostering and maintaining relationships with media, as well as key internal and external stakeholders.
To be considered for the role you will match the following :
• Proven experience in media relations, journalism or public affairs
• Excellent creative writing skills and good all-round communicator
• Strong understanding of national, regional, trade PR and digital/social media
• Strong understanding and interest in current affairs/business, economic and political environment
Please apply or call Harjit Dlay at Pathfinders Recruitment for a confidential chat on 0207 434 3511